Monday, January 25, 2010

Thanks and a Gauntlet

I wrote the seven posts on sin listed below this one on your web browser over about three weeks, starting a little after Christmas 2009 and ending about a week ago, mid-January 2010. When I finished the first one, I had no idea that I'd want to continue the theme - but the sensation of writing "out loud" (a strange phrase, but this is how blogging always feels to me) about my past and pseudo-spiritual predilections was so pleasurable that it made me want to keep going. Looking back, I wish I'd kept the autobiographical strain up. I also wish I'd been a bit more succinct. And that I had a pony named Marigold.

I've cleaned up what typos I could spot - there are probably plenty more. I should thank especially trixie delicious, a set of whose Seven Sin plates hangs in our living room. They are my girlfriend's most prized possessions. Check trixie's etsy page out for more wonderful crockery-related translations. Seriously, these plates are genius.

The last thing I wanted was for any of this to feel monolithic. To my mind, blogging's biggest evolution over print is its ability to trace the response part of the call and response dynamic in writing. So please, if anyone reading this has any thoughts on sin, art, creation, deformation, or Scarlett Johansson, post a comment. I, at least, will be reading closely.

As for my fellow Heart Arcadians: the only way we'll be able to put this all behind us is if y'all throw something up. I am triple dog daring you.

2 comments:

  1. You will be getting something shortly, with Milton's Satan making an appearance. Moo-hoo-ha-ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Tommy, how I have missed your evil laugh.

    ReplyDelete